Friday, August 1, 2008

Good Times in PC

After graduating my mom told me we would go do something fun when I finally land a job... And since I have officially landed the job (possibly of my dreams!), we headed out to Park City do do a little shopping and relaxing. It was a blast! We headed out Thursday morning and after a close call- I just saw my life flash before my eyes and heard my mother cuss moment- we headed straight for the outlets. We started and one end and worked our way through just about every store... I was rather disappointed in the selection this trip- thought I didn't walk away empty handed I succeeded in finding an awesome pair of shoes and a cute shirt. After a not so successful shopping trip we headed to the hotel to check in, dropped our stuff off and laughed at the fact that they gave us the honeymoon suite- when we asked for 2 beds... and headed out to catch the bus to go to Main Street and do a little more browsing- I can't go to Park City and not go to my favorite art gallery. Every time I go there I HAVE to go into the Scanlan gallery- John Scanlan and his wife take AMAZING photos from all around the globe I can only hope to be that good someday (though I don't think I will ever even come close!). Then it was off to the Baja Cantina. My favorite restaurant in PC. I think we go there every time. It was quite tasty and of course I ate way too much. Then it was back to the bus. We decided to catch the bus that goes back out to Kimball Junction (where the outlets are) and make a quick Walmart trip... It turned out to be QUITE the trip! We didn't know where the bus stop was so we ended up sitting on the bus for an hour- going all the way out to Jeremy Ranch and back to Walmart... it was most definately "blog worthy" as I would say. The bus driver was rocking out to the old rock station... and I of course, sang along! I think Mom was a little embarrassed... lol. Finally, after our bus adventures- we made it back to the hotel and swam for a while before being invaded my kids. Then it was back to the room for a little veg time and some much deserved sleep! Today we headed back home. We were quite disappointed because we were hoping to hit up the arts festival but it doesn't start until tomorrow. Missed it by a day. Oh well... there is always next year!

Thanks Mom!!! I had a blast!

No comments: