Friday, August 29, 2008

What a Way to Spend a Friday Night...

I really do think I need to get a life! I talked to my landlord today about moving into my new apartment. I offered to clean it and paint the walls in exchange for some help on the rent. Since my landlord HATES cleaning apartments and he doesn't want me to move out since I 'have always been a good tenant' (his words not mine)- he agreed. I think he got the good end of the deal on this one! The guy that just moved out was not one who took care of his place very well I guess you could say. This is supposed to be a non smoking building but he ALWAYS smoked in there, he is from India so he only knew how to cook cury, and he was always burning incense. So needless to say, the whole apartment stinks- REALLY badly. I opened all the windows today and the door and within 10 minutes the entire building smelled like that apartment. The blinds, which were brand new and white when he moved in, are now nasty yellow from tobacco stains. Luckily he broke them so my landlord will have to replace them. I started cleaning the kitchen tonight. I spent about 2 hours just wiping down the walls and the stove. Ya, I'm so not excited to start on the bathroom! Hopefully tomorrow I can get the majority of it done and maybe some of the painting... the carpets are getting cleaned next Friday then I can move in after that! Yay! It will be nice to finally have a place of my own again. A place where I have room to put my stuff and not have to worry about being over taken by metal sculptures and who knows what else! Don't get me wrong, I love my roommate- probably the best roommate I have ever had- but I am ready to spread out a bit and not be confined to one room!

No comments: