Monday, August 25, 2008

I have a little catching up to do!

A few weeks ago my friend Veronica invited me to be a "groupie" with her at a little party thing that her boyfriend was playing at. Her boyfriend is in a Samba band and they were playing a t a local community garden salsa tasting party in Rose Park. Since it was Friday night and I had no plans I thought I would tag along. It turned out to be a lot of fun. There were so many different types of salsa to taste it was great! The Samba band did pretty well. It was fun to watch them because they were all into it and having a great time. I, of course, had my camera in tow and had fun taking video and pictures. I was really impressed with a few of the photos I was able to capture. I love these shots and so I thought I would share them with you!
This top one is my FAVORITE. I think it is one of the best ones I have taken in a long time. It makes me want to run out and take pictures like crazy!
I love the color of this red flower!
And this one is just pretty.

Here is a little video of the Samba band!


After the Samba and Salsa party we headed up in the Avenues to a birthday party for some rich lawyer guy that Veronica's boyfriend knows. It was crazy. I felt like I was in the movies at one of the parties where all the rich Hollywood people go to. Tons of food, servers, open bar... NUTS! And not to mention the view. GORGEOUS! I could definately handle a view like that- over looking the entire valley. How would it be?! All in all it was a fun night.

2 comments:

Kaija said...

that sunflower/clouds/blue sky photo is AMAZING! nice work!

Karen said...

Salsa is so yummy! Love the pictures of the flowers. They are all amazing! You have a good eye! =)