Friday, August 29, 2008

I have survived!

My first week as a teacher has officially ended. After school got out today we had meetings for about 2 hours... all new stuff... People would ask how I was doing and all I could say was "My brain hurts!!!" Over all, it has been a great week. I have learned a lot of what to do and more importantly, what not to do! I have already started the list of things to do differently next year. I have a few students who are definately going to give me a run for the money. I have already had to send them to the "Behavior Nazi" as I call her. She is the one in charge of detention and all that good stuff. She is amazing! Pretty hardcore and the kids are terrified of her. My mission this weekend is to think of something to help these choice students in my class.

For the most part all of my classes are great. It is fun to see the students eager to learn... granted not all of them are but I am doing my best to make it interesting and challenging for each of them... which is so much harder than you would think!

I am so grateful I have such amazing co-workers who work together and are more than willing to help out in anyway they can. It has been a real relief and life saver. There is so much to do it is amazing! My brain just never stops. It is constantly going about 100 miles an hour, thinking of ideas things I should have done that I didn't, how I can change things next year or even tomorrow, thinking what can I do to better manage my classroom, how in the world can I make 40 desks fit in my room and still have room to move....- in the car, in the shower, when I'm eating, even when I am sleeping- it's ridiculous! I think I need a life!

I think one of the best things about teaching is that every day is a new day. Hell, when you are a secondary ed teacher every hour is a new hour! It makes it nice because one class can be terrible and the next can cheer you right back up.

So, over the weekend I get to continue working and preparing for the up coming week. Hopefully I can think of a good idea to help with managing my class... before it gets completely out of control (one class in particular... most of them are great!) So it is definately going to be a full weekend!

No comments: