Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School

Well, I have survived! Yay! I figured I would, it was just a matter of how well. And I think I did pretty well. My classes are HUGE- but then again, I am teaching in Utah where the motto is "stack 'em deep and teach 'em cheap". Most of my classes seem like they will be a lot of fun. As long as the chosen few decide to behave that is (lol)!

Many of you have been anxiously awaiting new pics from my classroom. Ya know, the ones where it actually looks like it could be a classroom!?!?!? Well, here they are! Thanks Darc for reminding me to take them before I left school today!These are just a few different views of my room. I'm stuck arranging the desks in straight rows because it is the only way to fit all 40 desks in there! In the bottom picture you can kind of see that I moved all the file cabinets and cabinets over to the same wall. It's amazing how much room there is just from moving them all to the same wall!
My desk area. I moved it to the other side of the room because of where all the computer hook ups are. It works nicely because I can also block access to my closet!
This corner looks pretty bare- it will one day be the "French corner" the French teacher that is in my room 1 class/day wanted that part of the room to do whatever with... I'm excited to see what she does with it!

And of course, since there is a "French corner" I had to prove the superiority of Italy with my Italian corner :) lol... I also did it for my class that I teach Italian to!
So I may have survived 1st day #1 (the school is on an A day- B day schedule), 1st day #2 is tomorrow. Hopefully it goes of without a hitch too! It should be a fun year!

3 comments:

Kaija said...

I can't believe how many students you have to cram into that room. Mama mia! Congratulations and best of luck for tomorrow! Love the Italia corner!

Darci said...

yay! it looks great :) does anyone fight over the one pink chair? i totally would...thanks for posting them...now i guess we don't have to come and see it in person, though it would be fun to see you teach :P dun dun dun!

Karen said...

That is a lot of students! I would feel so overwhelmed! Your classroom looks great, you a good job! I love the Italy corner! =)