Saturday, August 16, 2008

I am Softball!

As I was reading the latest posts on my friend's blogs tonight (trying to kill some time at work of course) I ran across this quiz on Kaija's blog and thought it would be interesting to see what sport I turned out to be! This is one quiz that couldn't have been more accurate. Softball is the sport for me... always has been, always will be!

I have very fond memories of playing softball every summer as a kid. It was the time of year I looked forward to most. I even remember playing catch with myself (throwing the ball on the roof and waiting for it to roll back down) in the rain... I was pretty hard core.. I loved it. It was my outlet- and sometimes still is... I even remember throwing a fit because they wouldn't let me play baseball with the boys. I wanted to play baseball so badly it was ridiculous! I remember dreaming of being the first woman to play in the majors... until that dream was shattered by someone else that is...

I loved it also because it was Grama B's favorite sport and I always looked forward to going to Arizona for spring training and her visits to Utah and playing catch at the park with Grama and Grampa and my cousins. That right there made my favorite sport that much more special to me!


You Are Softball



While you do like competing, you like cooperating even more.

You find working with a group to be much more invigorating than going solo.

You are a true team player. You like contributing to the win!

1 comment:

Kaija said...

I love your blogger profile photo. You look very professional! And I love this Olympic sport quiz! It is fun seeing what everyone is -- and they fit so perfectly -- like my friend who is the mother of 4 little girls under the age of 4 -- she is Triathalon! Hope day one is going well for you!