Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Making it my own!

Today I finally made it out to Magna to get the keys to my classroom. Yay! I was there by 9am because I wanted to have as much time as possible to get things cleaned out... The previous teacher left a TON of junk in the room so I had to go through and decide what was what and trash what was left... which was most of it. It took pretty much all day but I was able to sift through all of the leftovers and organize the desks the way I would like them... it is pretty cramped when you add 42 desks into 1 classroom! I also arranged my desk area how I like it... (kind of...) so, next time it is decorating and deciding where to put stuff. I'm excited I got as far as I did. It is starting to feel like MY classroom. It will be even better once I get some decorations up!

Here are a few pics- since I know some of you have been dying to see some! (Mom)

Here's what I had to start with... desks all in rows, a messy closet, and junk in all the cupboards.... (all the papers on one of the desks was thrown in the closet)
I moved the desks and piled all the junk by the door... ( I hope the custodians take it to the trash for me because I have no clue where I would even take it!)
Here is the closet after I got it cleaned out and started putting my stuff in... still not very organized.. but it will get there! It is nice to not have it all stuffed into my bedroom anymore!
This is all the JUNK the other teacher left for me to take care of... all the stuff on the floor AND the stuff on the shelf above ! Ya, tons of JUNK!And all of these poster things too... It's all gotta go!I couldn't leave without putting up a few things that just scream Erica!
The cute teachers blocks Mom gave me... (thanks Mom, love 'em!)
And of course, something Italy! (Notice the scarf hanging on the bulletin board!)
And one of the posters we got at the supply store..
That's about as far as we got today... hopefully we... meaning me, myself and I, can get a lot more done tomorrow...

4 comments:

Kaija said...

I love how you have put the desks facing each other -- 42 students is SO MANY!

Neil said...

Thats so exciting! My girlfriend is doing the same thing this week... she starts teaching next week, and they still havent told her what subjects or grades... and if they even have a classroom ready! Got to love DC public schools! :)

Congrats on getting your room!

Darci said...

cute! i want to see pics of it when it's all decorated too!!!

hawaiifreaks said...

Very cool. Derek says he likes it too. I will have to come out and see how it goes, maybe like the first day of school??
MOM