Monday, July 21, 2008

"Let's go to the Zoo!"

Everytime I think of goign to the zoo I think of the quote from the movie Jerry McGuire. "Let's go the the zoo Ray," "The f&$@'n zoo's closed!" Tyler should appreciate that because he used to quote it all the time... maybe that is why I think of it...

Today I took Kaden to the zoo. It was such a fun trip. I have been wanting to do something- have Kaden and me time (so I could spoil him of course!) for a while now but my schedule has been insane.. even I have a hard time keeping up with it! So we finally found a day that would work and we went.

The zoo was a blast. Kaden loved all the animals and I loved his silly excitement about everything. When we went to see the zebra's he pointed and said giraffe. I showed him the picture of the zebra and the giraffe and told him that zebra's have stripes and giraffe's have spots.. he still kept getting them mixed up but it was adorable. Being the best aunt ever that I am, I HAD to take him on the train. He loved it. It was all smiles.
Kaden showing off his ticket for the train as we waited in line. He was so excited!

Kaden on the train

Kaden and I on the train

By the time we left I think he was completely worn out but refused to admit it... always wanting to see "more the animals!" I got him in his seat to head back home and he was passed out from exhaustion before we even left the parking lot!

It was a fun filled day- I was pooped by the end too. It's a lot of work chasing around a 2 yr old at the zoo with so many fun things to see!

Here are a few of the animals Kaden LOVED to watch!
I'm not sure what these birds are called- but Kaden loved to look at them!

The Giraffe's

How can you not love the albino aligator/crocodile (I don't know which it is)

We had to go look at the elephants 2 or three times because he kept wanting to see the "animals with horns" It was funny because we would get there and he would cover his ears like he was afraid it was going to get really loud... it could be because of the larger than life elephant they have that you can take take pictures by- when you get near it it makes noises... He wasn't a big fan of it... I tried to bribe him to take a picture on it but even that didn't work!

Both of us had a blast watching this peacock. He is just gorgeous!


This was an attempt to get him with the Llama's but they went into hiding just before I took the picture.
We watched the tiger for at least 10 minutes. He was completely enthralled by it!

Just a few more fun shots of Kaden. He had fun playing on the fence while we waited to ride the train!

Thanks for coming to the zoo with me Bugaboo!!! I had lots of fun!

1 comment:

Darci said...

awe, i LOVE,love,love the ticket picture (first one). i can never get him to smile for my pictures...must be you :) he really loved looking at the pics on here- when you see him next you should show him all of them on your computer or something. he keeps saying "that was fun! i had fun with aunt erica!"