Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Crazy Week Gets Better!

It is 2:57am Sunday, I am taking a little break from planning out the courses I will be teaching this year... I'm excited- 1 course totally mapped out, now I just have to plan it all (AAAHHHHAHAH)!

So the week started out kinda crazy but by Thursday it got a lot better. Car problems solved! Solution: Trade in the old POS Saturn and buy a new car! Yup, that's right, I bought a new car.. Thursday morning after I got off work I slept for about 2 hours and then picked Derek up from the train station (it is so funny to say we have a train station here!) and we went car shopping. I wasn't planning on buying a car. In fact, he and I had planned on going car shopping that day for about 2 weeks now- crazy how things work out! So, off we went. We headed down to Sandy because I well, being the Karl Malone fan that I have ALWAYS been, wanted to check out the new location of Karl Malone Toyota not for the cars but for the museum o' Karl Malone... ya, I know, I need help! Anyways, while in Sandy we looked at the Nissan dealership- where I test drove a Nissan Versa- not impressed. I felt like I was driving a plastic bubble... It reminded me A LOT of my days driving a Geo Metro... so I scratched that idea- never mind the fact that the sales guy was ridiculously pushy- I wanted to smack him. I told him the only way I would even consider buying from him was if he sold it to me for $16.00. So, off we went to check out the Honda Fit. I didn't like those either. I have fallen in love with the Toyota Matrix but reluctantly realized that they are a bit out of my price range. So, I thought (actually it is more like I gave into the idea) I would check out the Scion xD- not the one that looks like a toaster on wheels (I hate those ones!) but the hatchback. It looks a lot like a Matrix but is a little smaller and actually in my price range. So I test drove it and really liked it. So, Derek and I headed back downtown to check out Mark Miller Toyota where they had an '08 with all kinds of extras with the right price. So, when I got to the point I was seriously considering it, I asked them about trading in my Saturn and so they looked at it and I got a whopping $300 for it... which I actually find quite comical considering the shape it was in- check engine light on, no AC, and a broken emergency break... I happily took the $300 and signed my name on the dotted line....
This is a picture I just took from the internet but it gives you an idea of what I'm now cruising around town in! Pictures to come- once I finally take some of course!-

2 comments:

Ramon said...

As long as you like the car, I'm happy for you. Though I'm trying to get the shape to grow on me. Maybe I'll like it more when we go hang in SL, sound good?

Karen said...

Wow, at least you had a good end to your crazy week right?!!! Anyways love the car, and I'm glad you have AC again! Isn't it great? =)