Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Crazy Week.. and it's only Wednesday- but my Monday!

So far this week has proven to be kinda crazy.... nothing too terrible, just busy and a lot to deal with!

Sunday morning when I got off work I headed up to Clearfield for Kyson's baby blessing. It was great. Ty did awesome and the boys were cute as ever! After the blessing we all headed over to Tyler and Darci's house for refreshments and to visit. By the time it was time to leave, I was more than ready- only because I hadn't slept in over 24 hours- and still had to go to work that night; so I hopped in my car hoping for an easy drive back to SLC, considering it was Sunday and all... Boy was I wrong! Just after I passed the exit in Farmington, all traffic came to a halt... I later found out that a few cars had been racing in the construction zone which resulted in a nasty wreck and the shutting down of I-15 for a while. Luckily I was only stuck for 45 minutes. I was about to pull the blanket out of my trunk and take a nap on the freeway! And in the middle of all of this, my a/c in the car died that morning! Just my luck! Eventually, things got moving and I got my nap in before heading back to work.

Monday I spent my day sleeping, running errands and cleaning until later that evening when I met up with my friend Veronica and her boyfriend for dinner and drinks. She has been wanting me to meet him for quite some time now and finally I was able to! Yay! He is a really good guy and I am so happy for them! Dinner was a lot of fun. We went to the Bayou which is on State St. and about 6th South. It was so yummy! While we were there I also ran into a guy I knew when I lived in Sugarhouse a few years ago- it was so random yet wonderful! Good times!

Tuesday was another day of eating with friends! I met up with Pam and Nikki, two of my favorite friends from high school. It was kinda crazy because I don't remember the last time I had seen either of them. Both of their families have grown and they have the most adorable kids- not as adorable as my nephews, but they come pretty close! I am so glad we finally were able to do lunch and catch up!

After lunch I headed to Mom and Dad's house and waited for Dad to get off work so we could (yet again) take my car in to get checked out- My car seems to have this fascination with having the check engine light on lately- so we had them reset it (yet again) and take a look at the a/c... after waiting an hour and a half and phone calls from hungry people (we were picking up pizza on our way back) we found out the machine to work on the a/c had been broken... so I had to stay the night and hope they could get it working by morning...

Once we got home we had pizza and swam- can't go to Mom's without swimming! Ty, Darc and the boys were over and we had a blast! I (of course) took a bunch of pictures... I think in their former lives these boys were fish! They both love swimming... I guess that is a good thing because they fit right in with the rest of us! Pics to be posted later!

Today I got up early so that I could take my car back in to the shop... since everyone else was working I was stuck roaming the streets of Clinton until it was done- ended up being a good 2 hours or so... I think I roamed every store possible! So, after all that time and $70 later, I found out it would cost $1,100 to fix it... My exact words to that were "HOLY SHIT, that's more than my car is worth! " So, I paid my $70 and off I went... or so I thought... I went to Smith's to fill up my car (since I shop at Smith's so much I always have a little discount- can't pass something like that up these days!). filled up the car and guess what, the check engine light is back on.. So I headed back to the shop and had them check it again- Same as usual... so off I went again with the realization that I get to go without a/c for the rest of the summer till I can afford a new car... oh the joy! It will definately make me appreciate my new car- once I get one!

It is always funny the curve balls life throws at us when we least expect it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining- rather, I am laughing hysterically because this is always the time when stuff like this happens and if nothing else, it makes for great stories!

I finally made it back to SLC with just enough time to relax for a few hours- (even if I wasn't able to sneak in a nap at least I got to relax) before heading back to work and starting my work week... I think it is going to be a LONG night!

3 comments:

The Bender Family said...

Oh my goodness!! It sounds like it's been incredibly crazy!! Hopefully with your new job, you'll be able to afford a nice car with a/c! I'm so sad for you this summer!

Karen said...

That is so crazy! I totally understand how you feel! I really wanted to go puke when my bro in law told me the total for our AC to be repaired! I hope that you'll be able to get a new car soon with a NICE AC. I feel your pain. Good luck!!!

Bel said...

Wow you did have a crazy and busy week. Sorry that your A/C didn't work, that is no fun but now that are getting ready to start a new job you can save up for a new car, yay!