Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Add That to Your Resume!

As if I didn't have enough on my plate....

Today at school I got an email from the principal (it was sent to everyone, not just me) basically pleading for someone to coach wrestling. A few guys who volunteer at the school have been helping the boys work out and learn the moves and all but they didn't have an official "coach" and they were on the brink of having to cancel the season. A few of the boys that have been wrestling are in a few of my classes and they have all been really excited about it and there are another handful of boys that probably wouldn't even be in school if it weren't for the team... so, I couldn't let that happen! I told my principal that I would do it so the boys could wrestle.

I think I am nuts but luckily these guys that volunteer know what they are doing so I am basically just a body to help keep the boys in line and make sure everything goes A-ok.

Only time will tell how this adventure will end!

3 comments:

Kaija said...

Your courage and dedication and willing to try something new (sushi, wrestling coach...) impresses me, sorella!!!

bella utahan said...

good for you!

Pam Emmons said...

Well, good luck. Boys are gross, especially dirty sweaty ones! Happy Birthday, too!