Sunday, October 12, 2008

I need ideas!

I can't believe the first term is almost over! It has gone by so fast- and yet so slow! Being the crazy first year teacher that I am, I have about 5 different preps (subjects or topics) that I teach and I am trying to narrow it down for next term so I don't stress myself out too much (if that is even possible). On top of my 3 geography classes, I have a total of 4 exploratory classes that I teach. Two 7th grade and two 8th grade and they are all on different schedules meaning they each rotate each term, trimester or semester. I have 1 8th grade and 1 7th grade class that switch at the end of the term and 1 8th grade class that switches at the trimester (2 weeks after the new term begins) the last exploratory class changes at the semester. For the three that change at the term or the trimester, I am going to teach Italian language and culture.

So here is my dilemma... One of my 7th grade classes doesn't switch until the end of the semester so I have the same students for 1 more term. I have already taught them the Italian language and culture class and the counselors want me to teach them something different this coming term... but what?!?! it is completely open to interpretation and ideas... But I am stumped. I have been trying to think of something for the last few weeks but I still have no idea what to do. I want to teach them something fun yet useful.

ok so that was a long winded explanation.... Basically I need ideas of what might be fun to teach 1 class for about 10 weeks. I'm open to any and all ideas!

1 comment:

Pam Emmons said...

Teach them some sign language. i have taught all my kids, and I taught all of my YW, too and they loved it.