Sunday, October 26, 2008

You gotta see it to believe it!



Saturday night Ramon and I decided to celebrate a little for our birthdays. He came up here to SLC and we went to dinner and hung out. He (among other people) has been trying to get me to try sushi for a number of years but holding tight to my distaste of seafood, I have always refused. Until this weekend. I decided it was time to gather up the nerve to at least try it and be able to say I have had sushi and give an honest answer as to whether I like it or not....



We went to Happy Sumo. Ramon was in charge of ordering the sushi rolls- because I have no idea what to do. I also ordered some chicken "just in case". I went into it with an open mind, telling myself I could actually like it. So, I took my first roll- a cucumber something or other- dipped it in the soy sauce.... and as the roll hit my tongue, I almost couldn't do it. But I was tough and kept chewing hoping it would get better.... no luck. So, I was brave yet again and tried a California roll. Same decision. So, kudos to all of you who love sushi... but it just isn't for me! I will stick with what I know! ;)

I am just excited that I was finally brave enough to at least try it. Those who know me know I am not very adventurous when it comes to food... so this was a HUGE step for me!

Dispite the outcome of the sushi adventures, we had a lot of fun Saturday night. After dinner we just hung out and walked around town- we are easy to please! lol

Next celebration- Friday night! And who knows, maybe a party or two over the weekend :)

4 comments:

Steve said...

Here's an early "Happy Birthday" for you. I'm with you on the sushi thing. Tried it twice and couldn't stand it. I don't think people really like it...it's just a sophisticated thing to say that you do!
Uncle Steve

E-ca said...

I love the rational uncle steve! Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!

Neil said...

Happy B-day!!

You have to go to Tona's on 25th st. in Ogden, best sushi ever! They have other stuff besides sushi that is equally delicious, but you should try one of their deep fried rolls, its good beginner sushi.

Darci said...

yay! you are braver than I...i won't even try it. hope you had a good birthday :)