Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!!!


It is election day and I was so anxious all day long. I just wanted to go vote! My students all day long kept asking me who I was going to vote for. Now that I have to stay for wrestling I was dying. The clock hit 5pm and I was out of there. Headed back to SLC so I could cast my vote in this historical election. No matter how you look at it, history will be made whether it be the first African-American President or the first female Vice-President... There is a lot going on in our country and one way or another, history will be made. I am happy to say that I voted for Barack Obama and Joe Biden. I truly thing they are our best chance for a change. I just wish I were a Californian so I could put in my two cents and vote NO on 8!
I am so excited to be able to do my part. I have always said that if you don't vote, you have no right to complain when things start going wrong. Not only that, it is exciting to be able to say yes, I voted and exercised my right as an American citizen.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I voted too. I love to vote! Anyways I just read that you are the new wrestling coach. Good for you! That was nice of you to do that so they could wrestle, and even nicer that you don't have to really do anything but keep them in check! Good luck! =)