Wednesday, February 17, 2010

40+ pics in 40 days

Carnevale is officially over and the season of Lent has officially begun. Even though I'm not Catholic - hell, I'm not even religious but I look at Lent as a time to make a new goal. Typically I find something to give up for 40 days like caffeine or candy... considering my stressful life, that's not going to happen! So I thought I would give Lent a little twist this year and do something different.

As any of you reading this know, I LOVE photography - probably my most treasured hobby. Well, I have been in a bit of a photo rut lately and have hardly taken any pictures this year. So.... my goal during Lent this year is

40+ pics in 40 days
.

I do have to admit, I did not come up with this idea completely on my own. I stole the idea from my friend Pam who is doing a similar photo journey. Thanks for the idea Pam!

Here are the pics for day 1: Considering Carnevale festivities ended yesterday I thought I would take record the results of some of the festivities in my Italian class yesterday - after learning about Carnevale celebrations in Venice, Italy, my students decorated paper masks. Some were very creative and unfortunately, some of the most creative ones left my classroom with their owner before I could take pics today. But nonetheless...

Day 1, February 17, 2010


2 comments:

Pam Emmons said...

Very cool! Here in Germany it is called Fasching. Same idea, though. THe kids made similar masks and dressed up for school.

Kaija said...

mi piaciano! i am looking forward to your 40 days worth of photos!!!