Friday, September 12, 2008

Week 3, Moving and Man I am Nuts!

I have survived three weeks as a teacher... just barely. All my classes are going great with the exception of 1.. but that will be changing soon! My school is packed with students and to compensate they have had to add a few classes to the schedule which also means they have had to find teachers to teach these extra classes... and you guessed it, I am one of them. I am giving up one of my prep periods to teach another geography class. It isn't quite as bad as it may seem since I am already teaching geography so I don't have an extra prep just another 40 students whose papers I will have to grade. Adding this extra class will thankfully get some of the terrors out of my crazy class, which also happens to be the biggest reason I said I would do it- and the extra money is nice too! I start teaching the new class next week so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Last weekend I finally moved. I spent most of last week cleaning up the apartment and painting. It is amazing the difference that has made! Now I just need to get my landlord to fix the remaining few things and things will be great. I have been so busy with school and all that I still haven't had time to unpack my stuff. I still have a HUGE pile of stuff just chillin' in the living room. Good thing I don't get many visitors! I have been slowly organizing and putting things away but I think it is still going to be a while before it gets to where I can relax and not have to think about it!

I think I am officially nuts. When I went back to work at the hospital this summer I told them I would help out and fill in one weekend a month when Michelle, one of the girls in PBX has to do her one weekend a month for the reserves. So, this weekend, Friday and Saturday, I get to spend my nights working the grave yard shift at the hospital. I'm kind of excited because it means I have time to grade papers and hopefully get some lessons planned... of course this is assuming that I can stay coherent enough to do all that work!

2 comments:

Kaija said...

congratulations, you're surviving! yes, i think you're nuts -- but brilliantly so!

Meghan said...

Glad to hear that things are going well. Crazy, but well. We need to hang out soon so you can tell me all about teaching.