Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Acting Debut


Friday the movie Forever Strong will finally be in theatres.... It is the story of the Highland High School rugby team.

Talented but troubled high school rugby player Rick Penning (Sean Faris) loses his position as the star of an Arizona rugby union team when he is sentenced to a boys' home in Salt Lake City.[1] Rick ends up playing for Salt Lake's famous Highland High School rugby team, coached by Larry Gelwix (Gary Cole), in the national championships - against his old team, which is coached by his father, Neal Penning (Neal McDonough). Emily (Arielle Kebbel) is Rick's love interest, and Marcus (Sean Astin) is his social worker.

Last year when they were filming here in good old SLC my friend told me they needed some people to be extras... so we all volunteered. It was a long fun hot summer day spent out in Grantsville. So, I'm excited to see it and catch my acting debut... but don't worry, I don't plan on quitting my day job just yet!

3 comments:

Karen said...

How fun!!! I haven't even heard of this movie. I'll have to see it sometime though! Sounds good! Yeah I wouldn't quit my day job either! =)

Meghan said...

Awesome! We should go see this and cheer when we see you!

E-ca said...

I think that sounds like a grand idea Meghan!