Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Signed Contract

Well, I did it. I signed my first ever teaching contract today (well, technically yesterday- since it is 2:30am)! As soon as I got off work I headed over to the Granite School District offices and met up with the HR director and did the deed..... It is now official! It is still so very surreal. After signing the contract, I took another little trip out to Magna to pick up a few textbooks so that I could start getting things organized and planned. My schedule will consist of 2 year long world geography courses, 2 semster long foreign language exploratory courses- which is meant to help expose students to a number of foreign languages including Spanish, French, Italian (yay!), Latin, and Japanese; 1 10 week Exploratory course and 1 12 week Exploratory course- for these courses I can teach anything I am passionate about. I never imagined I would ever be able to teach what I love most of all- and I am so excited for the chance that I have to do it. My mind is racing with ideas and I can only hope that those ideas develop into great lesson plans that really get students involved and interested in the world around them.

4 comments:

The Bender Family said...

Congrats again on the job! Okay, so a lot of the names you suggested we were already thinking about. How funny is that? Well, I guess being born on the same day, month, and year our twin sense is still going strong! I know you'll do great at your job. Good luck!

Bel said...

Wow congrats!! Sorry I wasen't able to come to the graduation but we were out of town that weekend but I am so excited you have finally made it through and now you are an official teacher!!! yay!! So are you moving there soon?? When you do have to start??

Karen said...

Congrats again! It must feel great to have it finally be official! Yay! Good luck. =)

E-ca said...

Thanks ladies!