Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fathers Day, Movies, Babysitting, and Summer

Sunday I went to visit the fam in Clinton for Fathers day. It was a lot of fun. We BBQ'd in the back yard and took a dip in the pool- which was definately needed considering how hot it was. It was nice to kick back and relax and spend a few days with my family. I had a blast playing with Kaden- the crazy 2 year old that he is... you can't help but want to spoil him to death! While I was home I was sure to enjoy every moment of central a/c... (it's funny the things you miss when you are poor and don't live at home!) and of course cooling off in the pool... Gotta get my fill until the next visit!
Kaden pushing Uncle Derek on his bike

Kaden's "Cheese" face... too adorable!

And... his game face.


Monday I saw Kung Fu Panda with Mom, Derek, Darci and my nephews. It was a pretty cute show. It wasn't quite what I had expected... Though I am not sure what I was really expecting... Maybe something a little more, BOH! Not quite sure... But nonetheless, it was a cute show and Kaden really seemed to like it.

I made a great discovery this weekend... Some of you may think it is kinda dorky, but... I can now put my hair up in pigtails!!! And I can also do a ponytail- as long as I have about 10 bobby pins to hold the rest of my hair in... Yay! It has been a LONG time since I have been able to pull my hair back... 2 years... I'm excited for it to get even longer!
Me and my pigtails!

Tuesday I got up and cleaned out my car, and it felt great! I love having a clean car... now I just need to clean the outside... Guess that will have to wait till I have money. Then I babysat Kaden and Kyson which was a lot of fun. I was supposed to meet up with a friend of mine from high school whom I haven't seen in at least 7 years... craziness! But, I miss read our email conversation and thought we were meeting an hour later than we were... so sad! So, even though I missed seeing Nikki- and I drug the boys with me, I still had a blast watching them. I can't believe how big Kyson is getting. He is such an angel... well, either that or he was just an angel for me- either way, I'm not complaining! While Kyson slept Kaden and I played. We had a blast taking silly pictures- I think he is going to be quite the photographer one of these days! Thanks for letting me play Kaden!
You never know what you are going to get when you give a 2 year old a camera!
You might get this....
Or this...
Or this... But in any case... it is great fun!
I can't decide if he looks like a tortoise here or ET...
Kaden and EricaKaden golfing like his Grampa

Later on this afternoon, I headed back to my apartment and quickly realized that summer is really here as I walked into the sauna... otherwise known as my apartment. When I walked in the door, I was so happy to see that Patrick had already bought the foam for our windows (if he hadn't I was going to steal his truck and go get it myself) so we could put our air conditioners in. Air conditioning is a wonderful invention... One that I don't want to live without for too long... unless it is the right circumstances of course (meaning Italy of course.. where else?!?!?).

Anywho, I guess that is probably enough rambling for now... So, here are a few more pictures... of the 2 cutest nephews an Aunt could ever ask for... because you all know that is what I do! :)
Kyson Xavier Kent
Kaden and Kyson
Now that is just adorable!

5 comments:

Darci said...

i thought your hair looked really cute yesterday when it was down- it is getting longer :) once you grow it out though, you'll be like me and want to hack it off...ah, the vicious cycle. thanks for watching them again- and for the cute pics :)

Collie Dawgs said...

Hey girl what's up! I hope you got my last post awhile back! Good to find your blog! How are you? You keep in touch with anyone in Italy, missionaries, etc.?? Let me know how you are!

Emmalee

Pam Emmons said...

Isn't fun to have pigtails? My hair is down to the bottome of my shoulder blades. If I braided it, and put on a onnet, I would look like a quaker.

Neil said...

I'm loving the game face picture. We went and saw Kung Fu panda the other day too. We went to a matinee so it was packed with little kids. Its hilarious listening to their reactions through the movie! Glad to see all is well!

E-ca said...

Isn't that a great pic?! I think watching and listening to the kids was my favorite part of Kung Fu Panda!!