Saturday, April 16, 2011

Salt Lake 1/2 Marathon 2011

Today I accomplished something I never in my life imagined I would even try. I jogged/walked the Salt Lake City 1/2 marathon. 13.1 miles.
 I have always said that I am not a runner - nor did I want to even give it a shot. But I decided it was time to try something new and push my limits a bit. I was doing great jogging most of the way until about mile 7 - then I think my feet and leg realized that I was torturing myself and the pain set in so I walked as fast as I could the rest of the way. But, when all was said and done, I finished! Not only did I finish, I finished a good hour and a half faster than I thought I would! I finished in about 3 hours and 45 minutes. My goal was to finish before the street sweepers... mission accomplished! 

Amazingly enough, I am considering attempting this again... and maybe I will actually train for it this time. 
In all of this I not only accomplished something incredible - that many people never even attempt, but I also learned a great lesson.  
Never Underestimate Yourself! 
 I have always been queen of "I could never do that".
Today that changed. 
I'm excited to try new things and push myself to the limit :) 

The starting line! 
  
Isn't this view AMAZING??!?!?

Maria & I at the start line :)

4 comments:

Kaija said...

Congratulations!!! This is truly awesome!!! I can't wait to see What new feats you will accomPlish!!!

Anonymous said...

Good good job! I am so proud of you! What an inspiration you are!!! I hate running, but strangely a race is on my life list too:)

E-ca said...

Thank you ladies! You are both amazing women! Thanks for the support! :)

Steve said...

Congrats. Your mom & I felt for you while watching the Giants. Your mom even had a moment of guilt - but I got her through it:). That really is a great accomplishment though.