Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ah, the sweet smell of freedom!

Yesterday was the district wrestling tournament. Which means, I can have my life back! It has been an interesting 4 months since I volunteered myself for the job of wrestling adviser. I don't remember the last time I left work before dark, I don't know that I remember what weekends are, I've spent my afternoons with sweaty stinky teenage boys, I feel like I have neglected the creative side of teaching because wrestling has taken up so much of my time. I'm excited to be able to go home before 6, sleep in past 5am on Saturdays, actually go out on Friday nights and finish the rest of my 1st year with a bang.

3 comments:

Kaija said...

YAY! Enjoy! I admire your willingness to take that on -- though I am sure you will now think twice about volunteering for such things in the future! :)

E-ca said...

That I will! lol- Though our athletic director already told the principal that I would do it again next year... and with the possibility of having to move to a different school I will gladly do it if it keeps me where I am! :)

Karen said...

Yay! How nice for you! Enjoy your FREEDOM!!! =)