Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Beginning

It's that time of year again. Time to make resolutions to be healthier, less stressed, more or less of something or other- most of which are forgotten within the first few months of the year. Of course there are plenty of things I want to accomplish this coming year like exercise more, swear a little less, take more pictures, make a budget and stick to it, develop more hobbies and pursue my interests in education and history... I'm sure the list could go on and on. I have decided that this year my resolution needs to be short and simple. There are really only 2 things on my list.

1) Be happy. This is kind of a big one but I have discovered over the past 29 years that life is only worth living if you can be yourself and be happy being just that. The last few years I have been happier than ever before because I finally figured that out. So, this year I want to continue living my life and being happy being me. Learning, laughing, loving and living.

2) Set weekly goals. Instead of making big goals that will soon be forgotten, I am going to set a few small goals that can be accomplished in a week or two. I really like this idea because it will give me a chance to accomplish more of the things that I want to accomplish in my life.

I'm excited for what 2009 has to offer. The experiences and challenges that will inevitably come.

3 comments:

bella utahan said...

I think these are 2 of the best resolutions you could make!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen said...

What great resolutions you have made! I totally agree with you! =)