Saturday, December 20, 2008

Neil Diamond, Bangs and a Rock Star Attitude!


Yes, that is right, I of all people, am blogging about Neil Diamond. Never in my life would I have guessed that I would go to a Neil Diamond concert- and enjoy it. But it is true. When Veronica called and asked if I wanted to go the conversation went a little like this:
Veronica: "How do you feel about Neil Diamond"
Erica (after a bit of hesitation): "well, I used to detest him... but he has kinda grown on me in the last few years... why?"
Veronica: "Max bought me tickets to his concert, do you want to come?"
Erica: "Sure! It sounds like it could be fun." As I said that I was thinking- what the hell am I getting myself into?!
I went and had a blast; and amazingly enough, after all these years, I still remember all the words to just about every song of his... Singing along to Sweet Caroline, Money Talks, Forever in Blue Jeans, and America (among others) brought back many childhood memories of listening to Neil Diamond as we cleaned the house on Saturday mornings and of course all of those road trips to California and Arizona through the years prepared me well for this concert! Thanks Mom and Dad!!!
A picture of the three of us after the concert.

Pre-concert I was having one of my "I really want to do something different with my hair moments" and in effort to resist the urge to cut it short again- now that it is finally getting longer again... I decided we would try some bangs. I'm still playing around trying to figure out how to do them- it's been a VERY long time since I've had bangs. But I am having fun. It is nice to have a bit of a different look! Thanks Deb for coming to the rescue at the last second!

No comments: