Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Life After Student Teaching

Hey all!

I am just sitting at the table in my apartment avoiding the inevitable, writing yet another paper that is of course, due tomorrow.

3 more papers and I am officially done with my undergraduate degree. Since finishing with student teaching almost 2 weeks ago, my days have been full of substitute teaching, filling out job applications, screening interviews, BBQ's on the porch with the gang, filling out more applications and mailing them off to far off places, and crossing my fingers that one of them will call soon for an interview because I am starting to freak out about this whole job thing. I have also been looking for a temp job that I can work for the time being- until August assuming I find a teaching job.

The other day I treated myself to a new camera lens! I know, I don't have the money for it but, how can you resist a $300 wide angle lens for $50! Seriously, that is a steal. With new lens in hand, I plan on getting a lot of use out of my camera this spring and summer. So, keep your eyes peeled for the new pics!!! Here are a few more shots with the new lens:
Me showing off my new lens!
The view of the city from my window. I love sitting at the table staring out over the city and just watching all the crazy people that walk or drive by.

These are a few of Patrick's art pieces made out of steel. I always have fun photographing them because they are so amazing.

No comments: