Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The End Is Near!

I can't believe the day is finally here. I finished my student teaching today-- well, except for the fact that I need to go in on Monday to finish up with grades. It has been a long 10 weeks yet at the same time I have learned so much! I have gained a better understanding of what I do-- and even more importantly, what I do NOT want to be like as a teacher. Even the little devils that drove me nuts on a daily basis, I will miss. It will be a lot of fun to see them in the halls when I sub throughout the rest of the school year. I have made some great friends and I couldn't have asked for a better STE (site teacher). She was an amazing teacher to learn from-- If I can be even half the teacher she is I will have the possibility to go far in this career.

Now I am down to just a few more weeks of class, a few papers (the joy of my life... with a hint of sarcasm in my voice!), and graduation will be here. 10 years in the making but nevertheless, I will be graduating!!! WAHOO!!!! It will definately call for a celebration!

In the meantime, I am attempting to find a job- preferably in Indianapolis- but I will take the best offer that comes along... So wish me luck!

I hope you are all doing well and hope to hear from you soon! I will be sure to keep you posted on the job situation as well as the test scores I am so impatiently waiting for!

Ciao a tutti!

1 comment:

Darci said...

what day is graduation?? hope it's before the baby gets here so i can go...my c-section is officially scheduled for may 20th (at about 39 weeks along) so as long as i don't go in to labor, that's the day!