Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The art of procrastination and a rainy day


I think I have discovered my greatest talent, and by no means do I ever squander it- procrastination. I am sitting at the kitchen table, yet again, with books, surveys and academic articles sprawled across the table attempting to write the very last research paper of my undergraduate career and I can't help but look out the window at the passing storm or watch my favorite neighbor as he walks down the street screaming words that nobody can understand as he listens to his headphone radio that is so loud I can hear it from the walkway of my apartment, as he walks to the Quicky Mart around the corner (this is an everyday occurrence and one of my favorite things about where I live)- and of course any other excuse I can find to procrastinate the inevitable. So, I have come up with a list of the to excuses to put off writing a paper (all of which I have done today!)

1. Take clothes that I don't like back to the store- which happens to be in Sandy.

2. Run errands for your roommate because he is fixing his truck- buying aquarium tubing and break fluid.

3. Help that same roommate bleed his brakes that he just fixed on his truck- I now know how to bleed breaks, you know, that skill does come in handy every now and then!

4. Update your facebook page- add pictures, change your profile info, etc.- because I haven't done that in 2 days!

5. Update your blog of course! What better way to procrastinate than to let everyone you are procrastinating?!?!



This is my favorite neighbor!

1 comment:

Norlund Clan said...

My procrastinating is sitting here reading your blog on procrastination.