Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My first week as a teacher

I have now been a teacher for 3 days now! I can say my experiences have been, well, for lack of a better way of explaining them, learning experiences. The first day went great, the second day was not the greatest, and today- aside from a few classroom management problems, was great. I am really enjoying the teaching part and really hating the classroom management part. I am not very good at being a disciplinarian... Maybe this is why I have no kids (just kidding- but an interesting thought!). I am excited to see how things progress as I get deeper into this whole experience. I am grateful for an STE (site teacher that I am working with) that is VERY supporting and encouraging... and at the same time I am grateful that my other (I have 2) STE has pretty much given me the reigns and let me run with it. I never realized- ok, I got a bit of a clue last semester but only a small clue- how time consuming it all is. I teach only 4 periods a day and yet I still have a TON of grading and planning to do every night... Guess I know what my life is going to be like for the next few years as I really get into this profession!

Anywho, so far so good... I am really happy it is Friday though! I hope you all are doing well and I will post again soon! Ciao a tutti!

3 comments:

Kaija said...

It's is great to hear that the teaching is going so well. Keep it up!

Bel said...

Congrats on teaching. You are finally doing it, how exciting :)

Mandi said...

How exciting!!! I am so happy for you. love ya!