Monday, January 14, 2008

Question of the day...

Ok, so I am not really posing a question I just needed a catchy title for the crazy story about my morning. I woke up this morning and was actually in a great mood and excited for the week- which honestly, never happens.. really- NEVER! I hate mornings... and Mondays... Anywho, so got all ready to head to the Jr. high today and I go out to my car and start it up hoping it would be nice and warm by the time I got done scraping off the windows... Boy was I wrong! It was freezing! And because the heater was actually an air conditioner, I had a nice layer of frost on the inside of my car by the time I got back in... So I sat and waited for the frost to clear at least enough that I could kinda see out and left on my merry, freezing, way. I no sooner made it up the hill to the capitol building when I realized that the temperature gage was on the red and about to over heat. What luck... so what do I do? What any daddy's girl would do... Called Dad with the question of the day! We figured we just needed to add more antifreeze (which I had just added a whole bottle last week) but just to be safe, he decided to meet me in Salt Lake and follow me back to Bountiful. So after waiting at the nearest gas station for a good 30 mins, Dad arrived and we put antifreeze in the car and headed to Bountiful. By this time I was already an hour late for school/work (whatever you want to call it). My poor car! So after dropping the car off at the shop and all that jazz, I finally made it to the school. Luckily Mrs. A is great to work with and understands that life happens. Crazy day that is for sure! Thanks Dad- you are the best. I don't know what I would do without you! Man, I am going to be in trouble when I move to Indiana!

Anywho, I thought it was a great story for a Monday- but you would all be pleased to know that the rest of the day went great. I got a lot of planning done for my student teaching which I start doing full time next week. I am pretty excited about some of the lessons I have planned. I just hope I can manage a class full of 30+ 14 and 15 year olds! That is going to be tricky! So wish me luck!


Ciao a tutti!

No comments: