Sunday, May 22, 2011

DIY project #1

I've been wanting to start & finish some of the projects on my house project 'To Do' list but the weather hasn't been cooperating very well. Today I had had enough and had a few ideas of things I wanted to do in my master bathroom. I love the purple color that I painted it but it was just too much purple with nothing else going on. So.... I decided to do something a little crazy & add some 'color & texture' in a few spots. I thought about adding some wall paper but didn't want to go to all that effort, time and not to mention the money - to hate what I had just done. Instead, I had a BRILLIANT idea. I found some contact paper that is very similar to what i was picturing in my head - I spent less than $7 and "wallpapered" a wall and added a little something to the mirror that I really hated (I kinda like it now - granted, I still hate that it is a medicine cabinet mirror but it is a little more bearable now).
Wallpapered wall

In the process

The finished product
Now that I know I won't hate it if I wallpaper a wall - I just might really do it. It was fun and I finally feel like I have at least started to decorate my house a little bit... eventually it will get done :)

No comments: