Tuesday, August 28, 2007

School is in full swing!

I can't believe it is already the second week of school! That means one more week closer to graduation! YAY!!!!! So far I am really enjoying all my classes. My teaching cohort classes are great. I am learning a lot and feel a bit overwhelmed but I guess that is to be expected. Our first field observation is tomorrow at Bountiful Jr. High. It should be really fun especially since it is the first day of school for them. What chaos!!! But it will give me a good idea of what to expect next year when I am teaching.

I finally got to talk to the adviser about getting an Italian minor- after getting the run around for so long it is nice to know that I can officially get my minor as long as I complete the last 2 upper division courses this semester!!

I love the grammar course because so far, we have done no grammar. We are reading a book called L'Italiano which is about the history and evolution of the Italian language. It is really fascinating! The Pinocchio course is also a lot more fun than I had expected. It is a lot of work but it is fun getting to know all the many versions of the story that have been written throughout the years! I just hope that it doesn't get to be too much with my other courses and work.... It will be pretty crazy that is for sure!

1 comment:

Bel said...

Wow girl it looks like you are on your way to graduating! I am excited for you and I am glad that you like your classes so far, that is a great sign that it will be a great senior year! Keep up the good work :)