Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Crazy Dayz

The past week or two has been crazzzy! Last Monday I was finally able to start moving into my new apartment. I was so happy to finally be able to sleep in my own bed again. I couldn't believe how much I missed my bed. I am really enjoying my new apartment so far. It is strange getting used to having a roommate again but I think I will manage just fine. Patrick and I get along great and we are both pretty laid back so I think we will get along just fine. I am happy to finally be moved in.

This past weekend I went camping with my family which was a lot of fun. We went up Logan Canyon which was a beautiful escape from the crazy life in the city. One last weekend of relaxation before the new semester at school. We spent our days relaxing and taking many walks around the campground at the request of my nephew. I have never met a kid who wanted to go on so many walks! He is adorable! Saturday we went to Bear Lake. It was kinda cold and stormy so we didn't spend much time at the lake. But before leaving we stopped at LeBeau's for their famous raspberry shakes. YUMMY!! With the exception of the rain and wind and my leaky tent it was a great weekend.
Here are some pictures from the camping trip:

This is the view of the mountains from our campsite.

The river

Bear Lake

Kaden playing in the sand at Bear Lake

Another picture of Kaden. I couldn't resist. He is just so adorable and fun to take pictures of :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday was the fist day of my 2nd to last semester! It is strange to say that but it is true- and I am so excited to finally graduate and get that piece of paper that I have worked so hard and so long for! This is also my first semester in the teaching program. So far my classes are great other than the fact that they are 3 hours long and start at 730am. That is just way too early. But I guess it will get me in practice for the rest of my career. Why did I pick a career where I have no choice but to get up early in the morning???!?!?! We don't start going into the schools until next week so at least I have 2 days this week that I can sleep in :)
I am also trying to earn a minor in Italian and taking my final 2 courses for it this semester. It is a lot to cram in but so far my advanced grammar class is really fun. The literature course on The adventures of Pinocchio is a lot more difficult and I just hope and pray that I can do well. It is interesting trying to get an Italian minor because the U still doesn't officially have a minor. So we will have to see what happens with it.

Anyways, I better get back to studying. I hope things are going well for you all and I will catch ya later! Ciao!!

2 comments:

Norlund Clan said...

Congrats on getting this far in school. It sounds like you are having fun.

Bel said...

I love those pictures of the mountains. It surely sounds like you guys had fun. Kaden looks so grown up its amazing how big he is now! Great job in having only two semester left in school it will fly by so quickly yu'll see.

I dont think I told you but we are going to Italy in a couple of weeks! Cant wait!