Wednesday, July 28, 2010

JacKsoN hOle!



I was lucky enough to spend a week in Jackson Hole - all expenses paid - to attend a conference with the We The People program. It is a program/curriculum for Civics Ed. I went into this thinking that I would go to a few lectures each day then have my evenings free to roam the beautiful Jackson area. Boy, was I wrong!!! It was a very intense-- a grad course on steroids really. Days full of lectures, discussion classes and homework topped off with a 'congressional hearing' where we had to write speeches and present them in front of lawyers and judges from the Jackson area. WOW! It was insane but I learned soooo much!

On Monday night a few of us decided to take a little hike up the hill behind the campus we were staying at. It was a gorgeous day and a beautiful little hike.

The view of the Tetons from the top of the hill
The mood was so bright!!! I love this shot!
And this one too!

And, as usual, I had to take TONS of pictures of flowers... I just can't help it.. they just beg to have their pictures taken!





I don't know what these flowers are called but they are so cool looking!

This one we nic-named the 'little shop of horrors' shot -



I took so many more pics but figured I would stop before this got too long!

No comments: