Friday, February 15, 2008

The dreaded scores....

Today I got my dreaded PRAXIS test scores back. I have been impatiently waiting for the last 5 weeks and now I finally have the results of all my stress- well, ok, not all my stress but some of it anyways... So, are you wondering what the results are yet?!?!?

As a secondary social studies teacher I have to take 2 exams. The PLT which is theory and teaching practices and methodology as well as a content exam which consists of anything and everything about United States History, World History, Economics, Geography, psychology, and sociology... ya just a few subjects! A passing score for both tests is a 160.

Good new or bad news first?!?!?! Ok, we will do bad news first...

On my content test, I got a 159! How sad is that?!!? So, ya, I have to take it again. Hopefully second time is the charm.

On my PLT test, I got a 186 which is pretty damn good I guess... I scored in the top 15% (that 15% is out of everyone in the nation that has taken the test in the last year!)
I am pretty excited about that one.

I am now about half done with my student teaching. Things seem to be going well. Some days are better than others and some are amazing. I am pretty excited because there are a few students who are really improving and that makes it worth all the stress. The days are going by in a whirlwind. I seem to be constantly planning and planning some more. But all in all it has been a great experience. I am excited to see what it is like when I have my own classroom!

Well, it is Friday, and I am off to play... or at least not work for a few hours so I will catch ya'll later! Hope you are all doing well!

No comments: