Saturday, July 21, 2007

Trip to the Uintah Mountains

Friday after work I packed up my sleeping back and camera gear and headed for the mountains. I have been wanting to for a while and this weekend was the perfect opportunity. After the 2 hour drive through the Uintahs I finally arrived at Christmas Meadows where I met up with some friends and neighbors for a weekend of camping and fishing. My weekend was cut short because I had to be back to work on Saturday afternoon- but nonetheless, it was great to get away!! I didn't buy a fishing license so I played photographer while everyone else fished. I loved it. Though, next time I think I will invest in a license and fishing rod because the fishing was great. Patrick grilled the rainbow trout with potatoes, onions, garlic and spices. It smelled heavenly! You would be so proud.. I even tasted the trout- and it didn't make me want to vomit, it actually wasn't half bad. I still don't know that I would choose to eat it but hey, I'm making progress... The night was topped of with an incredibly clear sky which provided some great star gazing- there were some impressive shooting stars too!



Saturday morning was filled with more fishing/photography until I had to hit the road for the 2 hour drive home. I had a blast and will definately be going back! Not only to that spot but hopefully others and do some exploring.




Here are a few of the pics that I took:





Even though I was only able to go for 1 day it was well worth the drive and I had a blast!
Catch ya'll later!!!

1 comment:

Bel said...

Hey girl I am glad we could find a way to keep in touch a little better. Thanks for always being such a good friend and always being there for me. Love ya.