Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'll go where the road takes me...

Sunday was such a beautiful day I couldn't let it go to waste. 
I packed up my camera gear, grabbed my keys and hopped into my car. 
Not knowing where I would end up, I knew I drove with only one thing in mind...
PICTURES!! Lots and lots of pictures. 
It has been far too long since the last time I just jumped in the car and went for a drive without planning out before hand exactly where I was going, what I was going to do and when I was coming home. 
This trip was different. I didn't plan where I was going, I didn't care when I came back 
an adventure. 
Exactly what I needed! 

In the end I hopped on I-80 and just started heading west. I took a self guided tour of Tooele (I had never been there before), and the shores of the Great Salt Lake. 
 
Grist Mill Tooele
View of the Great Salt Lake and one of the many Islands - from Tooele

Blue. I love this building and it's blue awnings 
Old signs are always fun!
The road to nowhere?!?? It probably goes somewhere - but I didn't stay on it long enough to find out 
The road back to somewhere... 
The shores of the GSL by Saltaire
Abandoned building and rail car on the shores of the lake. 
Has to be my favorite part of this adventure!
Rust. 
It is amazing what you can see if you look close enough!
Hang on!
SL,UT! 
Graffiti
It is amazing the talent some people have!  A lot of it is chaotic - but art nonetheless!
A diamond in the rough! 
Among all the chaos of graffiti in that building, I found this. 
Beautiful!
McGuire Cummings
I-80..
Where it all started... 
for this adventure anyway :) 


2 comments:

Kaija said...

Fantastically beautiful photographs Erica!!! What a wonderful way to spend a weekend day!

Bel said...

Great pictures!! Nice way to break in the new camera :)